Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fire!

Okay this is a little scary! We went and played shuffle board with my sis & bil and then decided since the kids were asleep at Nanie & Boppa's that we would go and check out the fire that was caused from what I have been told from a lightening strike our in the river bottom in Tolleson. I was sticking my head out the window of the car taking pics and Hubby started to slow way down. I told him not to get us into trouble that taking a pic isn't worth getting a ticket over---okay sometimes it is. So he told me if he did get into trouble so would all these other hundred people. I looked away from my camera and couldn't believe how many cars, trucks, motorcycles, and just tons of people standing on the bridge with us to catch a glimpse of this fire. We could see the smoke from my parents house but, these are kinda scary. It jumped from like a few miles away to right up and front of us. Real fast, real scary! Take a look--all of you are pros with the camera I want to tell you that I just got this thing and don't know what I am really doing yet! Hubby had to help me-yikes!

With in just a couple of minutes it was at the waters edge. Of course it didn't help that the wind picked up and started scattering embers onto the bridge where we were.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Seriously scary ... that smoke has been plaguing my thoughts all day!

Tiffany said...

ok-that's crazy scary!!