Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What a WEIRD day!!

Maybe this day is weird to me because I am now an odd number. One above 30. But, it started out great! My Mom called me and sang happy birthday. My boys jumped out of bed with a little complaining until I said, " It's my birthday and I want to lay down for a few more minutes but, I need you little men to get ready--totally ready without fighting." They smiled their little grins and said, " Sure Mom! If we get totally ready and hair done, teeth brushed, and belts on with our shoes by the door can we play Transformers on the PlayStation?" I was desperate for a few more winks- Just before I said yes, I thought of piano practice or spelling words that could be worked on. Math timings that need to be done-YIKES--," Sure kiddos if you are quite and don't fight!" 15 minutes later they were totally ready-showered the night before so that was out of the way and dressed head to toe! Ready! Why can't they do this every morning? So I walked out to the dining room 30 minutes later and saw these happy Pink Gerber daisies and roses smiling at me. I love pink because I don't see enough of it in our house of Men! Thank You Tori for thinking of me and putting thought into my beautiful cheerful pink flowers! I love them! They even said Good morning to me! I heard them. Next, after such a wonderful sight the door bell rings and the kiddos run to get their shoes on and I open the door still looking like something scary with black eyes and hair that looked like I found a rats nest and adorned it on my head. With bad breath and all I opened the door and Wonder Woman was there singing Happy Birthday and gave me a gift certificate to the Red Door Spa and the Wigwam. Yummy! Love it! I hugged her, poor girl and apologized for just killing her with my morningness. She laughed and chatted with me a few moments and said have an awesome day! Okay Love those two! Thank you Tori and Wonder Woman! Okay the night before I got an UTI--stink I know tell me about it! Made an appointment today and went in to see the doc. He got me my labs from last time I went in. Everything is great I am in great shape but, by the way your liver count is high. What??? And you need to stop by and give me another lab before you leave. What??? Does this man know that I HATE needles? Happy Birthday to me. So I get to have a sonogram of my liver done. No, no girls I know that you are all jumping at the chance to take my place. So I dropped off my meds and went to get the kiddos. On the way home from school the meds still weren't done. BUMMER! I dropped off kids and went home because I had to pee something crazy which hurray! I did with little pain! YES! So I got to talk to my Mom & Dad on the way home and they wished me a happy bday. I got to talk with SIL, Wonder Woman, and Nana. So there are some ups. The day was looking up now. I got home and 2 minutes after using the pot my Uperman came crying out of the boys room holding his head. Hubby is on his way home from out of town. So it is up to me to tend to Uperman. He had blood all over the back of his head. So I held the wound and applied pressure (remembering my first aid) and Do-Dude got me a wet cloth. Man, I forgot how the head bleeds. Do-Dude was a little freaked out when he came back because I had blood on my face, down my hand and arm, and down Upermans head. So Mom went to work and finally got it to stop. It is just a small cut where Blue Boys football trophy feel off the edge of his dresser and onto Upermans head. OUCH! So far it has been a weird day! Looking up but, definitely not a normal day. It ended with my family around and Nana and My Mom & Dad, two cakes, lots of candles, and everyone having a good time! I totally loved it! You know when you were little and would sit on someones leg and they would walk with you on their foot-I even got to have a ride on my Dad's foot with my kids on the other! Man, I forgot or maybe I just don't remember it being so uncomfortable! Maybe my rear end is a little bigger since the last time I did that.

7 comments:

N Godown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRANDY! YOU ARE SUCH AN AMAZING PERSON! I LOOK UP TO YOU A LOT. SUCH A GOOD MOM TO ALL YOUR BOYS AND A GREAT COOK & YOU ARE SO CREATIVE!

Kari said...

Happy Birthday my little friend!! Glad to hear there were plenty of ups to counter the downs ... a head wound? Those suckers are bleeders!! Hope all of your test results come back okay :)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Brandy!! What a day!! Your life is definintely not boring!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brandy! Your family is so lucky to have you. Hope you have a great weekend.

Denise said...

Hi Brandy, I just found your cute blog! Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great year! Love, Denise Drescher

Jenny Roberts said...

Happy (late) Birthday! Ouch on the head wound. My kids don't handle blood well. Uperman must be one tough kid.

Joey and Megan said...

Hi Brandy, I just linked up your blog to mine. Check it out. Cute blog.
-Noah's mom :)