Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Old Glory

Thankfulness-to live in the United States of America! To be spoiled and have luxuries at our fingertips. As I was leaving Utah I just felt this overwhelming sensation of how blessed I am. This past weekend I stayed in a warm cozy, comfy bed at a hotel, had a free breakfast, was able to rent a car so my family and I could drive around in comfort, was able to stop and eat anytime and almost anywhere we wanted, and to go to church and practice our beliefs all along the way. We never ran out of water, electric, gas, or food. We were safe and felt safe everywhere we went and didn't have to worry about risking our lives. Can you imagine? Can you see yourself or your family in a 3rd world country? That would be the biggest nightmare! So you see I am thankful to be an American! To have the choices that I do. To run and play with my children and Hubby and to see them laugh and grow along the way! We have so many convinces right at our fingertips. I am thankful to live in the United States and for the Men and Women that risk their lives to keep us safe-Thanks!

5 comments:

Cory and Cheri said...

So true!!! I completly agree! I too feel very grateful.

Kari said...

Isn't this the truth?! We are so incredibly blessed!!

Anonymous said...

Amen!!

Kari said...

Hope you are doing well and you are enjoying the holidays!! Hope to hear more from you soon :)

Kari said...

Still Old Glory ....