Monday, October 22, 2007

I want my MUMMY

I made this little treat for one of the sweet ladies that are on my list to visit each month. Our families go way back and she was my mother-in-laws spy when it came to church. She would let it be known if the boys snuck out or not. So I made this for her for her birthday. That sounded kinda weird-sorry. This is so simple. It is a mummy pot. I took a small tara cota pot and hot glued ripped muslin onto it. Before I finished I made a nose out of extra muslin and put it under the top pieces so it looked like a nose. Then, I took lime green paint and sponge it all over and took wood footballs and painted them black and then put a little white dot on it so it looked like eyes. I filled the pot with some good candy. Then I put cellophane over it and tied it with a couple different types ribbon. At here ya go, a cute little mummy!

2 comments:

Lois Michael said...

This is darling...love it!

Kari said...

Completely, totally adorable! Will you add me to your list?