Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Time Out for me and the real reason I went (I just didn't know it)

Just warning you this gets a little deep-- Time out for me! I finally made it to Time Out for Women. It was so great, I needed to hear all of the wonderful things that were said to me. All thanks again to Tori! You go girl! She had a ticket reserved with my name on it! Love her! Kisses girlfriend! What a blast it was to get to spend that time with my lil' Sis the Puttster! And, And let me not forget all the girls that were there-the Sheriff, Kari--two thumbs up what did you think? and Adriene, Sage, and the gang! (yes I know I would shame all my English teacher right now if they knew I just did this to a sentence--Sorry!) They were awesome! I also saw so many of the La Loma's out there representing us! But, to be on a more serious side, my Father in Heaven knew that I needed to be there even if things were a bit crazy. My Best Friend since we were little girls in sixth grade called me tonight to ask me if I would tell the Coach that her little man wouldn't be at football tonight. I have known just recently (Monday night) that Jambers Dad, which is part of my family, was very sick and in the ER. Tonight she called and said that he wasn't out of surgery yet and they are sure that he has cancer. It is on his colon, liver- both sides, in his stomach, and in his glands. How could this be? I ask. And I know that there is a reason, but, it is not my time to find out. I am reading this little book called When Prayers Go Unanswered. In it I have found a beginning to my comfort for me. It talks about when Jesus feeds the multitude and after speaking to them, dismisses them. He dismisses His Apostles and they row out into the sea and a storm hits. They are rowing with all their might and fight the winds and soon are exhausted from this fight. Little did they know He was watching them and just when they thought they could go no further and put forth their best effort to fight to keep control, "About the fourth watch of the night He cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, . . .[and] they . . . saw Him, and were troubled. And immediately He talked with them, and saith unto them, Be of good cheer:it is I : be not afraid. And He went up unto them into the ship; and the wind ceased" (Mark 6:48-51; emphasis added) The author, S. Michael Wilcox, states that he is sure that the Apostles would probably preferred Him to come in the first watch not the fourth. We are for the most of us First-watch people and the Lord is a Fourth watch. We can't begin to grow if we are not allowed to stretch to our limits and once He knows that there is no way we can do more He comes to our aid. I know that this is getting a little deep, but, this is the test? We are all being tested right now. What is my role in this? How do I comfort my dear friend that has been there for me and has held my hand through crazy times in my life, but, this my friends is so much more and my little problems in the past are like specs of sand. This is a moment that is going to be a fourth hour watch for all of us. I am going to have to stretch along with my family and Jambers family. My family has always been close to them. My Dad and Charlie are good friends. And we are all hurting Her father is very sick. So my heart is very heavy at the moment! Keep her and her father and family in your prayers for me- his name is Charlie. I love him. Thanks- A New Testament day was divided into twelve hours, beginning at 6 in the morning. The third hour would be 9, the sixth hour would be noon, and the eleventh hour. Though we visualized it as being just before midnight, actually was 5 in the evening. The night was divided into 4 watches:first was from 6pm unto 9, second was 9pm to 12am, third watch from 12am until 3 am and the fourth watch from 3 am until 6 am, about sunrise.--When Your Prayers Seem Unanswered by S Michael Wilcox

4 comments:

Tori said...

I read this book and loved it! So glad you and your sis could go to TOFW. I really enjoyed being there with all of you!

Jill said...

I love your blog Brandy! The deep love you have for your adorable family radiates in everything you do. You really are an inspiration. I cried reading this little exerpt. I am so sorry to hear about your friend's dad. Life can be so hard sometimes. I'll keep their family and yours in my prayers. I love you!

Kari said...

I, too, am so glad we all got to go to TOFW this year. It was my favorite year so far! And I really love that we each take something different away from meetings like that. I know the things that really affected me are different than those that affected others, but we get what we need at that time. Thanks for sharing what you've learned ....

Anonymous said...

I will keep all of you in my prayers. You are amazing Brandy.