Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Book Report, Book Reports somebody HELP me!

Okay, sorry gals that I said I would update you on our where abouts and left you all hanging! Let's see what I have missed in what 3 weeks--YIKES!! We just finished our mega book report for Do-dude! I can now sleep at night! Three pages-it was a whopper! I know Tori knows what pain I felt, as she felt hers last week! Now onto the next book report due on the 10th of October! Keep me in line here girls! I may forget. 625 that is the magic number here-625! That is how many pages need to be read by 10/10. All he has to do is write a short summary of each book that he read and when she gives him an oral quiz on it he can read right off what notes he wrote about the book. Thank goodness Blue Boy doesn't have book reports yet! OH- let me tell you that we have been working on this book report, which is also known from this day on as the Mega Beast, for the last week! Yes, one week! Do-dude just doesn't like to turn on the thinker and communicate with his hand that writes at the same time. It pretty much boils down to a Mega Headache and I think I do have a couple of patches of hair missing--unfortunately none of the grey hairs were touched---BUMMER! So today Do-dude volunteers this nice imformation to his teacher quite willingly I might add that he was up until 10 pm working his little book report. WHAT, you don't tell the teacher that! Now I am feeling quite the slacker and she made a point to talk to me about Do-dude not being the only one. I think at first she thought we just started it the other day. I did have to explain that Mega Beast was getting attention every night and during the day! Mega Beast was robbing me of precious sleep! I have to call one of my girls that knows the pain I was feeling and tell her of all the troubles this Mega Beast was causing me and how it seemed to chase me! Okay maybe it didn't actually chase me, but, it might as well have! Come on--all you know what I am talking about! Please respond and let me know that I am not the slacker mother that I felt last night at 9:55. Could ya please!

2 comments:

Tori said...

Of course you are not the mega slacker! If we could have done the book reports ourselves, we would have turned them in two weeks ahead of time. It is SO hard not to take that pencil out of their hand and say, "Just let me do it!" Or "Let me read that book. I could finish it in an hour instead of three weeks!"

Kari said...

How many pages do you have left? I agree with what Tori said about doing it for them, but will admit if it was MY book report I would have been up all night the day before it was due ... just like when I plan for stampers group :)